Package maintainers -- want test results by mail?

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Jun 2 12:10:47 UTC 2010

On 06/02/2010 01:49 PM, James Laska wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-06-02 at 10:49 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> On 06/01/2010 10:43 PM, James Laska wrote:
>>> Greetings package maintainers,
>>>
>>> Want to get notification of any breakage in your just-built koji
>>> packages?  This includes results of rpmlint [1],
>>
>> Unless rpmlint starts to use a massively cleaned up set of rules, its
>> results are mostly noise.
>
> Which packages do you maintain where the output has become unmanageable?

Noise is managable, but ...

* Just have a look at the output rpm produces on any arbitrary packages.
90% of the output it produces is just (silly) noise.

* Just have a look into most package reviews: Many of them suffer from
churn on the (silly) noise rpmlint produces.

That's why I consider rpmlint's current ruleset not to be suiteable for
automated QA.