Package maintainers -- want test results by mail?

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Wed Jun 2 16:07:22 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 02 June 2010, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-06-02 at 07:49 -0400, James Laska wrote:
>
> > Which packages do you maintain where the output has become unmanageable?
>
> For myself, I really only think that the spell checks are intolerable.

There have been some complaints about them.  I don't personally think that
they're quite intolerable and the noise level should decrease over time as the
spell checker dictionaries used by Enchant evolve, but if there's clear
consensus that they cause more harm than good, they can be disabled in future
default rpmlint package configs.  Until then, you can do for example:

# Disable Enchant spell check:
echo 'setOption("UseEnchant", False)' >> ~/.config/rpmlint

# ...and if you want the internal feeble spell checker msgs gone too:
echo 'addFilter("spelling-error")' >> ~/.config/rpmlint