-upstart subpackage vs tranditional initscripts

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Jun 2 18:00:43 UTC 2010

Chen Lei wrote:
> Is it right for the maintainer to provide  two separate subpackages,
> one with the tranditional rc.d contents and one with an upstart
> scripts and make the -upstart subpackage have a higher priority over
> sysinit subpackage?

No. This is against our packaging guidelines. You'll notice that all the
offending packages are by the same maintainer (you easily recognize them
from the ridiculous Release versions).

All those -upstart and -lsb subpackages must go away and the -sysv
subpackages must be merged into the main package.

        Kevin Kofler