suggestion: rescue boot extension

Roland McGrath roland at redhat.com
Wed Jun 2 20:03:05 UTC 2010

> Hm. I can see the use of this, but I can also see issues with how you
> do updates for it sanely (if at all.)

Why would you do updates for it?  Your install CD/DVD to use for rescue
boot doesn't get updated.  I'd think you'd just install a pristine newer
one verbatim if you had a reason to bother, like deciding to burn a new CD.
Hence the nice automagic deployment feature would reserve two partitions
(or whatevers) for the purpose, so you can install the new image on B and
still have the option to boot A if the new one is bad.

Thanks,
Roland