Package maintainers -- want test results by mail?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Jun 3 18:30:44 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 11:09 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 10:57 -0400, Matt McCutchen wrote:
> > On Wed, 2010-06-02 at 14:46 -0400, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> > > When the shebang is to allow running some sort of unittest I generally just
> > > leave it alone (the end user won't want to run it and upstream does want to
> > > run the code when they're testing).
> >
> > There is still no reason to have a shebang on a non-executable file.
> > The file must have started out executable in order for upstream to run
> > it.  The proper solution would be to remove the shebang in the same
> > place the executability gets removed.
>
> another option is to not flag things which impact NOT AT ALL
> functionality :)

Well, the test's just a test. It's not magic. It doesn't *know* whether
they affect functionality. The test is obviously designed to catch the
case where the packager screws up and doesn't mark a script that
actually _needs_ to be executable as executable. Just because in this
case it happens that these scripts don't need to be executable, doesn't
mean that's always the case.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey