JBoss stalled (was Re: status of some packages ??)

Alex Hudson fedora at alexhudson.com
Thu Jun 3 18:31:38 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 12:29 -0400, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> On 06/03/2010 11:54 AM, Iain Arnell wrote:
> > And slightly weird that it's okay for Red Hat to distribute it
> > themselves, both commercially and as open source from jboss.org, but
> > it's questionable for Fedora.
>
> I can't speak on what Red Hat does on a larger scale. I do know that it
> is important to me and Fedora that we do it properly, or not at all.

If everyone else is distributing JBoss, though, that calls into question
whether it's Fedora doing it "properly".

Worrying about a set of rights which are unwaivable seems on the face of
it to be exhibiting an abundance of over-caution, and it seems
particularly sad that Fedora is losing out having to refrain from
distributing another Red Hat-sponsored project.

Cheers

Alex.

--
This message was scanned by Better Hosted and is believed to be clean.
http://www.betterhosted.com