-upstart subpackage vs tranditional initscripts

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Jun 4 02:43:58 UTC 2010

Chen Lei wrote:
> I found the maintainer violates fedora package/naming guideline many
> times, we need a people to persuade him to obey those guideline.

IMHO we need to unsponsor him and orphan his packages. There are way too
many guideline violations and bizarre nonstandard stuff in his packages.

> A more ridiculous release number and a wrong version number:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=176308

Right, in this case the Version tag is a blatant violation of our guidelines
and shows that the maintainer either doesn't understand them at all or
doesn't care about them at all. Either way, he needs to get unsponsored.

        Kevin Kofler