-upstart subpackage vs tranditional initscripts

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Jun 4 08:23:21 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 04:43:58AM +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Chen Lei wrote:
> > I found the maintainer violates fedora package/naming guideline many
> > times, we need a people to persuade him to obey those guideline.
>
> IMHO we need to unsponsor him and orphan his packages. There are way too
> many guideline violations and bizarre nonstandard stuff in his packages.

I think that this would be a huge mistake. Enrico is a very talented
packagers he generally is ahead of his time. I was myself sometimes annoyed
by the peculiarities of his packages, but he always comply to guidelines.

I think that pushing talented packagers that don't think exactly like
the median fedora packager and show some originality is not healthy.

--
Pat