JBoss stalled (was Re: status of some packages ??)

Alex Hudson fedora at alexhudson.com
Sat Jun 5 09:28:47 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-06-04 at 16:10 -0400, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> Matěj, as I'm sure you know, we could find a lawyer who would tell us
> just about anything we wanted to hear. I consulted with Red Hat Legal,
> and the conclusion that we came to was that it was not possible for the
> copyright holders to abandon their copyright on this work due to their
> jurisdiction, thus, we cannot include it as-is and need to clarify a
> license for the work.

So Red Hat's lawyers know that Red Hat are distributing something which
they have no license for, so either they haven't passed that message on
or Red Hat have decided they don't care?*

Bizarre.

Cheers

Alex.

*. This is a rhetorical question.

--
This message was scanned by Better Hosted and is believed to be clean.
http://www.betterhosted.com