orphaning tpb

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Jun 7 19:03:46 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-07 at 12:56 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I have been meaning to orphan tpb for a long time, but today I am
> finally going to do so. ;)
>
> It has 2 open bugs.
>
> It should really not be used much if any anymore as many DE's provide
> it's functionality.

Depends on your hardware. The volume 'buttons' on a Thinkpad X40 I had
recently don't work unless tpb is used; they don't pass standard
keysyms.

> There has not been an upstream release in about 5 years.
>
> I no longer have a thinkpad. ;)
>
> Interested parties feel free to take it...

Unfortunately I no longer have access to said Thinkpad =) I suspect at
least someone else @redhat.com must be in a similar situation, though.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey