orphaning tpb

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Jun 7 19:55:12 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-07 at 15:07 -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Jun 2010, Adam Williamson wrote:
>

> > Depends on your hardware. The volume 'buttons' on a Thinkpad X40 I had
> > recently don't work unless tpb is used; they don't pass standard
> > keysyms.
>
> And seeing as the last of the x40 series was made almost what? 4? 5yrs
> ago? I doubt we're going to see more of those.

But all the hundreds of thousands of x40s that were made...still exist.
Most of them, someone somewhere is still using.

I do sometimes worry about the 'hey, that hardware is more than six
months old, so we don't have to care about it!' attitude. I'm sorry I
can't help more to fix this particular issue, but I didn't have access
to the hardware for long and wasn't able to track down anyone who cared
and could tell me what information to gather. :/
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey