pidgin obsoleting itself

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 10:06:48 UTC 2010

2010/6/9 Chen Lei <supercyper1 at gmail.com>:

> But in this case, the obsoletes seems excessive, since
> pidgin-evolution already depends on pidgin.  If pidgin-evolution don't
> depend on pidgin, the obsoletes is a must, without it pidgin will be
> replaced by pidgin-evolution.

If it pidgin-evolution was previously in main package, then this
obsoletes is required. W/o this requires users may suffer from missing
functionality after upgrade.

Briefly:

* We need to split off p.-e, from pidgin
* We need to install both of them while upgrading (Obsoletes in
pidgin-evo) in order not to loose functionality.
* We need to not erase main pidgin (Obsoletes in pidgin)

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.