bodhi statistics

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 17:27:50 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 8:31 AM, Adam Miller
<maxamillion at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Did we really need to
> take some raw numbers that Luke was kind enough to put together and make it
> into some sort of QA methods holy war?

The lesson here is that for data mining to make sense there must a
consensus understanding of the question being asked.  I'm not sure we
have that here.  I think the numbers are interesting in showing that
bodhi can be used as a metric tool.. but I'm not sure we have
consensus about what questions to be asking it.  The strong reaction
to the interpretive prose is just a symptom of that.  Luke is asking
bodhi questions about the trends of participation.  I think some
people have misread that as surrogate for a broader question about
overall package quality.

-jef