rfc: python 2.7?

Phil Knirsch pknirsch at redhat.com
Thu Jun 10 12:11:39 UTC 2010

On 06/10/2010 01:49 PM, Neal Becker wrote:
> python 2.7 seems to have a number of exciting improvements for the python 2
> series.  Any plan to introduce it into fedora?
> http://doc.python.org/dev/whatsnew/2.7.html

If i remember correctly the plan is to move to python-3.x at some point.
Now that we ship Fedora-13 with a python3 "compat" package and can much
easier adapt all things depending on it.

Not sure if there is a specific timeline for that yet though, at least
not that i've seen.

Hope that helps,

Thanks & regards, Phil

--
Philipp Knirsch              | Tel.:  +49-711-96437-470
Supervisor Core Services     | Fax.:  +49-711-96437-111