pidgin obsoleting itself

Thomas Moschny thomas.moschny at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 08:15:55 UTC 2010

2010/6/11 Stu Tomlinson <stu at nosnilmot.com>:
>> At least it causes package-manager to display an irritating (and
>> somehow bogus) warning box that it's going to remove pidgin, and needs
>> confirmation for that.
>
> I'm not sure which "package-manager" this is, but I suggest the fix is
> to make "package-manager" not display this warning if it is not really
> removing pidgin.

Meant to write "PackageKit". And this is surely a PackageKit bug.

Today this happened again, for the awn-extras-applets package, which
also self-obsoletes: % rpm -q --obsoletes awn-extras-applets
awn-extras-applets-devel < 0.4.0-14.fc13
awn-extras-applets < 0.4.0-14.fc13
for whatever reason).

--
Thomas Moschny <thomas.moschny at gmail.com>