Hey Presto!

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Jun 12 15:35:42 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 05:27:32PM +0200, drago01 wrote:
> We don't generate deltas for packages with a size of >= 100MB ....
> which kind of makes it useless for this case but it seems that delta
> generation is to expensive to do for such large packages on the re-eng
> boxes.

It's because the program that generates the delta RPMs reads the whole
RPMs into memory, according to:

http://lwn.net/Articles/329484/

Anyone know if there's a genuine reason why it does it, or if it's
just a Simple Matter Of Programming to fix it?  (And can point us to
the actual bit of code that could be fixed ...)

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v