dist-git project update

Iain Arnell iarnell at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 07:28:40 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 7:35 AM, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-06-12 at 08:22 +0200, Iain Arnell wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 11:57 PM, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
>> > The current url is
>> > pkgs.stg.fedoraproject.org/<package>  and that works with git:// and
>> > ssh://.
>>
>> Any chance of making that work with http:// and https:// (for pushes) too?
>>

> I hadn't planned on it.  Is there really a need for this?  Read only via
> http is do-able, but undesirable.  Write via https is going to be a long
> shot.

It would be incredibly useful for those of us that spend a significant
amount of time stuck behind a restrictive firewall/proxy. Enabling
http would be a good start with minimal effort involved (at least I
can pull and prepare patches). I can understand that https is far
trickier, but would be an awesome feature (especially if it uses the
same client certificate as koji, and even more especially if bodhi can
be taught to use the same certificate too).

--
Iain.