Problem with createrepo for modified DVD ISO

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Jun 19 04:37:11 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 09:15:09 -0400,
  Digimer <linux at alteeve.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    I asked this on buildsys, so this is something of a repost. I'm not
> sure where to turn at this point, so if this isn't the right list, would
> anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

Probably the question belongs on users.

>    I've been trying to create my own (minorly) custom distro for Fedora
> 13. All it really is is a custom kickstart and a changed up set of RPMs.

I think revisor is the tool that is best for making custom install DVDs.
I usually make live images using livecd-creator and can't give you specific
information on using revisor.

>    My problem is; I've added some RPMs and removed others, so I need to
> regenerate the files in dvd:/repodata to properly reflect what is in
> dvd:/Packages. I've tried various incantations of 'createrepo Packages/'
> but none seem to work. When I move the generated files into
> dvd:/repodata, roll the ISO, burn and install, the installer complains
> that the repo data is bad (sorry, I don't have the exact error at the
> moment).

The path to the packages might not be correct. If relative paths are used
and the repodata directory is not related to the location of the rpms the
same way, then you could see something like that.