To construct a Zope skyscraper on Fedora

Robin 'cheese' Lee cheeseli at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 20 09:08:20 UTC 2010

On 06/20/2010 12:31 AM, Chen Lei wrote:
> 2010/6/20 Rakesh Pandit<rakesh.pandit at gmail.com>:
>
>> Thanks for clarification. I will see whether I can help with some
>> dependencies and zope3 part (review as well).
>>
>> --
>> --
>>
> The original zope/plone in Fedora/EPEL bundles dozens of third party
> python modules, nearly all of those modules need review if we want to
> revive long retired zope and plone in the cvs.  It will be much easier
> if we have an atuomatic spec generation tool like cpan2spec, it's
> entirely possible to write a such tool for python modules that using
> setuptools in setup.py.
>
> Chen Lei

The spec file for each  per-module package I just created is generated
through a little and nasty script which converts spec files generated by
setuptools to ones complying with Fedora standards. (The script is too
nasty to open its source.)

A better solution is to hack setuptools, and/or distutils, itself to
generate standard-complying spec files directly. But this may take some
time.