Fedora rawhide FTBFS status 2010-06-01 x86_64

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Mon Jun 21 03:19:40 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 10:24:27PM -0400, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 10:42 AM, Matt Domsch wrote:
> > Fedora Fails To Build From Source Results for x86_64
> > using rawhide from 2010-06-01
> >
> [cut]
>
> Question 1:
> Suppose package A fails to build from source due to a bug in package B
> that is listed in package A's BuildRequires. Now that package B gets
> fixed, and it is possible to build package A from source without any
> modification. Do we need to bump A's release and do the rebuild in
> this case?

No.  List in bug A that it "Depends on" the bug number for B.  Close
the bug against A once package B is fixed and its own bug closed.

> Question 2:
> What is the likelihood of a mass rebuild in this cycle?

I've heard rumors that it's likely, but I don't know for certain what
the trigger would be this time.  Likely a glibc or gcc change.

--
Matt Domsch
Technology Strategist