possibly rough day in rawhide

darrell pfeifer darrellpf at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 20:44:23 UTC 2010

Thanks for the warning (they really are appreciated).

I updated to koji from the last hour, just to be a bit insane.

With all the gnome and glib changes in place, gnome gets to the point of
displaying the desktop icons. The panel never appears and the three desktop
icons keep flashing rapidly, like it is trying to restart. ctl-alt-backspace
doesn't kill  it.

.xsession-errors says

nm-applet: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server
:0.0.
polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily
unavailable) on X server :0.0.
gnome-screensaver: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X
server :0.0.
gnome-volume-control-applet: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily
unavailable) on X server :0.0.

(gnome-panel:3972): EggSMClient-WARNING **: Failed to connect to the session
manager: IO error occured opening connection

The application 'gnome-panel' lost its connection to the display :0.0;
most likely the X server was shut down or you killed/destroyed

darrell