rfc: python2.7 for F14

Chen Lei supercyper1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 17:51:41 UTC 2010

2010/6/22 David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat.com>:
> On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 08:40 +0200, Thomas Spura wrote:
>> Am Mon, 21 Jun 2010 14:34:02 -0400
>> schrieb David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat.com>:
>>
>> > On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 01:57 +0800, Chen Lei wrote:
>
> Thanks, that's a great help - I hadn't seen that page.  Looks like an
> excellent starting point.
>
> We need to look at all built (sub)packages with a requires of
> python(abi) = 2.6, figure out the set of src.rpms they come from, and
> we'll want to rebuild those once 2.7 is in f-14 in Koji.
>

> Dave
>
> --

I think Mass Rebuild the whole repo will be much easier than the
packages which requires on python(abi) =2.6(nearly 1/10 packages in
the repo related to python). Since gcc 4.5 is released for several
months, it definitely will be used in F14, so I suggest asking Jakub
first to see if it's possible to push gcc 4.5 to the repo along with
python 2.7 soon.

Regards,
Chen Lei