rfc: python2.7 for F14

John5342 john5342 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 21:16:06 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 21:47, Thomas Spura <tomspur at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Am Tue, 22 Jun 2010 11:02:40 -0400
> schrieb David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat.com>:
>
> Hmm, I just tried to write a little script for that (based on the one
> from above), but I had some problems with bodhi.
>
> e.g. 'repoquery --requires bodhi' shows nothing (because there are only
> subpackages and no main package). When calling 'repoquery --requires
> bodhi-client', there should be a python(abi), but there is only:
> /usr/bin/python
> koji
> python-fedora >= 0.3.5
> python-simplejson
> yum

Is it perhaps because bodhi-client only has an executable (it is
python code but not automatically compiled like libraries) so rpm
doesn't automatically provide the requires? On a side note if it is
not pre-compiled into bytecode then it probably doesn't make any
difference whether it is recompiled. bodhi-server (same source
package) does require python(abi) because it has libraries so in that
particular case it would result in bodhi-client being rebuilt...
(repoquery --whatrequires "python(abi)" | grep bodhi)

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't...