Fedora, DNSSEC and GOST (ECC like) algorithms with openssl

Dmitry Butskoy buc at odusz.so-cdu.ru
Thu Jun 24 15:58:18 UTC 2010

Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:

>>> This is not possible as the ECC algorithm sources are removed from the
>>> source tarball prior to adding it to the Fedora CVS.
>>>
>> Would it still be possible to have the define with a comment to grab the
>> source outside the CVS repo? I am just trying to minimise the work that
>> has to be done and maintained separately from the Fedora openssl.spec file.
>>

> No, sorry.

AFAIK the GOST engine in openssl-1.0 can be compiled as a shared object.
IOW, we could create openssl-freeworld in rpmfusion etc...

Besides that, the applications should call now some openssl's init
routine before the use of ssl, else such an extra engine will not be
determined by the ssl library at runtime (see
http://www.cryptocom.ru/OpenSource/OpenSSL_eng.html for more info about
application patches required for "external GOST engine" + openssl-1.0.0).

Regards,
Dmitry Butskoy