move libusb from /usr/lib to /lib

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Thu Jun 24 18:48:57 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 08:38:27PM +0200, Roberto Ragusa wrote:
> Rob Crittenden wrote:
> > Richard Hughes wrote:
> >> That's completely bogus. You really don't want to just power down the
> >> machine like that -- it might lead to disk corruption and is certainly
> >> not a good idea for a server with a huge power load.
> >>
> >> I really don't think we want this feature in Fedora.
> >>
> >> Richard.
> >
> > You're misunderstanding what this does. It doesn't cut power to the
> > computer while its on. The process looks something like:
> >
> > - nut signals the UPS to shut down in x seconds (default 120)
> > - nut halts the machine
> > - after x seconds the UPS shuts down
>
> If the timeout is configurable, wouldn't be a reasonable option to
> move the command away from the final seconds and use a larger timeout?
>
> I mean, if the timeout is 5 minutes, the system has 5 minutes to
> shut down everything. It will probably do everything in 1 minute
> and poweroff. After additional 4 minutes the UPS will power down.
> I suppose these 4 minutes of "no-load" are not an issue.

It is conceivable that unmounting or other shutdown processes could
take a long time, especially if network filesystems hang because an
upstream network device lost power already.

Also, the closer to actual system halt you can turn off the actual
load, the better.  You won't have to worry that something didn't
shutdown yet and still maximize the remaining battery life of the UPS.