rfc: python2.7 for F14

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 07:45:08 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 09:55:15AM +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:

> BTW since a python mass-rebuild is looming anyway, we might want to
> consider pulling in Aurélien Bompard's python-egg dependency extractors
> while at it: http://rpm.org/ticket/15

That sounds good.  One note:  we might want to make sure that we can have
sensible namespace for both python-egg dependencies and python-import
dependencies.  The former is, I think, what Aurélien implemented and works
off of the egg metadata.  It's good to have but we probably want the ability
to add the latter extractors at a later date.

(A python-import extractor would mean scanning the source files like perl
does now and extracting things like:

import fancy => Requires: python2(fancy)
)

-Toshio