rpath handling

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Fri Jun 25 12:43:35 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 8:57 PM, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:

> So... AFAIK, libtool does solve this which is why I'm wondering why you're
> seeing this.  Is the package that's giving you problems checked into the
> rawhide cvs right now?

What changed is simply that I'm using my script "fedpkg-vcs" to inject
a git snapshot into the spec file.  Because the git tree does not
contain pre-built documentation (unlike tarballs) I must run gtk-doc.
So that's why it wasn't seen up until now.

> Ah -- that sounds better.  I'm still not sure why it's needed at all.
> though.

Why stripping the rpath is needed?  Or why I'm trying to make this
change in the glib2 spec file?  If the latter - it's simple, I'd like
to "upstream" as much of my work to automate building from git as
possible so I don't need to have forked specfiles just to create
testing RPMs.