rawhide report: 20100625 changes

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Jun 28 11:27:38 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 04:08:23PM +0100, Richard Jones wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 02:58:09PM +0100, Richard Jones wrote:
> > If a proven packager can just do a bump and rebuild it ought
> > to fix the issue.
>
> OK I see that failed with:
>
> guestfsd: error: cannot find required program mke2fs
> [...]
> mkfs.ext2: No such file or directory
> guestfsd: error: ext2: /dev/vda1: mkfs.ext2: No such file or directory
>
> I suspect a dependency problem, unless there's been a change to
> packaging of e2fsprogs.  I will have a closer look next week anyhow.

Should be fixed now.

Problem was that incredibly we never had an explicit dep on e2fsprogs,
even though of course we use programs like mke2fs extensively.
Instead it was being pulled in through an implicit dep.

Since e2fsprogs was split into e2fsprogs / e2fsprogs-libs, whatever
package we implicitly relied on before now only depends on
e2fsprogs-libs, and so we didn't get e2fsprogs at all.

The solution was to add an explicit dependency.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v