Feature 14 - official Fedora re-spins

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Jun 28 15:18:12 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-06-27 at 23:12 +0200, Michał Piotrowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if it would be a big problem to create regular (for example,
> every three months) re-spins of main installation images - cd's and
> dvd's for i386 and x86_64 (not livecd's).
>
> Fedoraunity http://fedoraunity.org/re-spins creates such images, but
> it's not regular.

This is the answer to your question. ;) It's not regular because it's
not particularly easy to do so to a high enough standard for public
consumption. There's quite a lot of testing involved in making sure your
ISOs will actually work acceptably for people other than yourself. (See,
fr'instance,
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Installation_Test ,
the validation testing we do on official releases; Unity have their own
testing process, but it's fairly similar).

Unity is pretty much the venue where this happens. If you'd like to help
out with making it happen more regularly, contribute to Unity :)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey