[Fedora-haskell-list] headsup: ghc-6.12.3

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Tue Jun 29 04:51:54 UTC 2010

----- "Bruno Wolff III" <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> I'll probably be doing one in F14 to get the latest upstream release,
> once I get a bit of a lull. So there should be one before release.

Cool

> > You should not need those Requires since they are for shared libs.
> > Rpm would generate them for you automatically: so they should be
> > redundant.  You could pass "-dynamic" to ghc if you want to
> > link to the shared libraries.
>
> I am pretty sure I had a build fail in F14 when I didn't list
> ghc-utf8-string
> on a build requires. It didn't happen in F13 though.

Yep you need the BuildRequires - I was talking about the Requires. :)
It works on F13 since ghc-6.12.1 "accidently" exposed its internal utf8-string.
If you are statically linking it probably doesn't matter much which one
you use, but all our libraries for ghc-6.12.x should now link against ghc-utf8-string.
Just thought it would make your life easier with keeping F13 and F14 in sync. :)

Jens