tcl/tk 8.5.8 update for F13?

Kyle VanderBeek kylev at kylev.com
Wed Jun 30 00:05:40 UTC 2010

(Forgive me, I read the digest.  Cc me on replies if you want.)

I've added further comments to the releng thread:

https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/3815

It looks to me like the core problem is the tcl Provides line that defines
the tcl(abi) to be the exact same as the full version.  Given that the name
of the lib is libtcl8.5, the ABI designator probably should include the the
patch level (.7 or .8).

That would solve the death-grip between tcl and dependent packages.  But
that's possibly something that needs to be done in rawhide (and tracked with
a bug).

kylev at kylev.com
 Some people have a way with words, while others... erm... thingy.