libjpeg-turbo conflicts in rawhide

Rich Mattes richmattes at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 11:59:31 UTC 2010

  On 6/30/2010 5:35 AM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 10:25:37 +0100, Peter wrote:
>
>>> libjpeg is split into libjpeg-turbo and libjpeg-turbo-utils, Obsoletes
>>> libjpeg is already added to libjpeg-turbo-utils. I don't know why
>>> Rich's package failed to build on koji,  the problem is a bit weird.
>>> Among 5 packages which require libjpeg explicitly, only
>>> java-1.6.0-openjdk will be used as a BR, however Rich's packages is
>>> irrelevant to java.  FYI, provides libjpeg is also add to
>>> libjpeg-turbo-utils now, I don't know if it can solve the file
>>> conflicts.
>> Why would you add the obsolete to the -utils. In most cases you
>> probably only need the libs so it wouldn't pull in the utils package
>> and hence wouldn't obsolete it.
> libjpeg contained libs _and_ tools.
I played with it a little bit more last night, the problem occurred when
my package pulled in graphviz.  Graphviz has a BR:libjpeg-devel, and
makes no mention of libjpeg-utils.  It only relies on libjpeg for the
libraries, and doesn't need any of the utils (my package only uses
libjpeg's libraries as well).  I guess since libjpeg-turbo didn't
obsolete libjpeg, graphviz was quite happy pulling in libjpeg instead of
libjpeg-turbo.

Rich