Feature Request: nsupdate-gss

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 12:26:05 UTC 2010

On 06/30/2010 05:01 AM, Stephen Gallagher wrote:

> I'm not sure what the utility of this is. nsupdate in Fedora already has
> support for GSS-TSIG.
>
> For an example of its use,
> http://freeipa.org/page/Dynamic_updates_with_GSS-TSIG#Configuring_the_client
>
> Does this nsupdate-gss feature do something that standard nsupdate does not?

Nothing at all. I was simply unaware of this tool, doing searches for
TSIG and GSS in software update/install doesn't show this.

Thank you for making me aware of this. The only remaining thing I need
is support for this in ddclient (or NetworkManager, etc.).

Again, thank you for correcting my ignorance. I am sorry for the noise.

Trever
--
"The Master doesn't talk, he acts. When his work is done, the people
say, 'Amazing: we did it, all by ourselves!'" -- Lao-tzu