libjpeg-turbo conflicts in rawhide

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jun 30 15:16:11 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-30 at 11:11 -0400, James Antill wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-06-30 at 10:04 -0400, Rich Mattes wrote:
>

> > So this is a bug with yum not handling package obsoletes correctly
> > when it processes the libjpeg.so.62 dep for graphviz?
>
>  I suspect the problem is that libjpeg-turbo does not _provide_ libjpeg.
> So yum does:
>
> 1. pkg XYZ requires libjpeg
>
> 2. The provider for that is the libjpeg package.
>
> 3. The libjpeg package is obsoleted by libjpeg-turbo.
>
> 4. But, libjpeg-turbo doesn't provide "libjpeg", which is the
> requirement we are doing all this for ... so ignore the obsolete and
> install libjpeg.

except it does provide it:

repoquery --repoid=rawhide -q --requires graphviz |grep libjpeg
libjpeg.so.62

repoquery --repoid=rawhide -q --provides libjpeg
libjpeg = 6b-46.fc12
libjpeg(x86-32) = 6b-46.fc12
libjpeg.so.62

repoquery --repoid=rawhide -q --provides libjpeg-turbo
libjpeg-turbo = 0.0.93-9.fc14
libjpeg-turbo(x86-32) = 0.0.93-9.fc14
libjpeg.so.62

repoquery --repoid=rawhide -q --obsoletes libjpeg-turbo
<nothing>

is there a newer version not yet in the rawhide I have here?
-sv