Bodhi 0.7.5 release

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Jun 30 16:18:22 UTC 2010

> Luke Macken <lmacken at redhat.com> writes:
> > Critical path package[0] updates now require positive karma from two
> > proventesters[1], and a single +1 from one other community member.
>
> Even for security updates?  My experience says that this requirement
> will prevent me from *ever* pushing updates.  Case in point: libtiff,
> which is a critpath package, has been in testing with a significant
> security update for a week now.  Its karma is still zero.

We have not been doing proventesters testing since F13 release, because
there has been no need for it. Additionally, because the critpath karma
requirement has been disabled, there has been no convenient mechanism
for finding critpath updates. Now both of these have changed; QA
activated the proventesters yesterday, and Bodhi now has several ways to
find critpath packages (and fedora-easy-karma hopefully soon will). All
of this should result in rather more karma arriving.

> The proposed policy might be workable if we had a surplus of
> proventester manpower available, but we obviously have not got that.

See above, you cannot judge this on current experience.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey