Bodhi 0.7.5 release

Jon Masters jcm at redhat.com
Wed Jun 30 18:20:43 UTC 2010

> Luke Macken <lmacken at redhat.com> writes:
> > Critical path package[0] updates now require positive karma from two
> > proventesters[1], and a single +1 from one other community member.
>
> Even for security updates?  My experience says that this requirement
> will prevent me from *ever* pushing updates.  Case in point: libtiff,
> which is a critpath package, has been in testing with a significant
> security update for a week now.  Its karma is still zero.  When I get
> the "old package" warning in another week, I am going to push it stable
> ... and if bodhi won't let me, I am going to come looking for a neck to
> wring.

Checks and balances are actually quite important - even if we're not
always the biggest fans of them - especially for existing shipping
distributions. I'm a big fan of letting whatever happen before you ship,
then locking it down and making it tough to screw over systems that are
not explicitly asking to be affected by a major upgrade, etc.

There's also the "if you build it..." argument. I think if it's actually
necessary to get these ACKs then they will happen. And in the worst
case, you probably just need to email this list/IRC/etc.

Jon.