Bodhi 0.7.5 release

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Wed Jun 30 22:38:03 UTC 2010

Jesse Keating <jkeating at j2solutions.net> writes:
> On 6/30/10 12:29 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I mentioned libtiff in my first comment in this thread.  The other one
>> is libpng.  But in any case, are maintainers supposed to have to scare
>> up testers on their own?  Especially for packages that are supposed to
>> be so central as to be critpath?  If there aren't testers coming out of
>> the woodwork, this scheme is doomed to failure.

> It worked just fine when F13 branched before F13 released.  We're
> putting even more resources into it now, ergo it should work just as fine.

I see that libtiff.fc13 and libpng.fc13 are now showing "critical path
approved", for which I thank those who did the work.  I remain a bit
unclear about a couple of things:

1. Bodhi is showing both packages as requested push-to-stable.  Which
*I* certainly didn't do, and considering they are only at +2 karma,
this means that the threshold for auto-push is actually lower than it
was before, not higher.  WTF?  Is the idea here to remove every last
vestige of the maintainer's judgment from the process?

2. libtiff.fc12 and libpng.fc12 are still lonely with zero karma.  Is the
restrictive policy in force for F-12 too?  I'm even less willing to
believe that we have enough testing manpower to cover both back branches
right away.

			regards, tom lane