Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Mar 1 01:07:35 UTC 2010

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> * bugs being closed as "FIXED UPSTREAM/FIXED RAWHIDE" - This kind of
> "resolution" means a bug is not being fixed in the distro. It means the
> maintainer is refusing to fix a bug a reporter is facing. Reporters will
> learn their lessons and leave this kind of maintainers alone.
> Less patient reporters will leave Fedora alone.

I'll note that "fixed upstream" is a valid reason to consider an issue
resolved if the upstream release is going to be pushed within a few days
anyway (like KDE's monthly bugfix releases).

But of course, just saying it's fixed upstream and not pushing the new
upstream release nor a backport of the fix is not helpful (and neither is
fixing bugs only in Rawhide), you're very much right there.

        Kevin Kofler