Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon Mar 1 08:44:48 UTC 2010

On Friday 26 February 2010 16:22:37 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> > Maybe some package rating included in PackageKit would be nice - for
> > stable packages it's indicator that this package is worth to install, for
> > testing package it would mean it's working (but again - who's going to
> > rate it in pkgkit once installed).
>
> That won't solve the problem that people aren't using updates-testing in
> the first place. We can't force them to.

One problem of updates-testing is - it takes so much time to be pushed and
then mirrored. More rawhide approach should be used here. Users who are really
interested in testing usually downloads from Koji directly.

And for follow up thread - we can't force users to be testers but as Adam
pointed out - any help for people who'd like test is great. This should be
first step before changing stable/testing policy. In case of fail - whole
system has to be changed (and I don't have any idea how - right now).

Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>

Office: +420 532 294 275