Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Mar 1 15:44:56 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 01:16:43PM +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> I would like to collect feedback on this issue. If you want to disable
> direct stable pushes, why? Could there be a less radical solution to that
> problem (e.g. a policy discouraging direct stable pushes for some specific
> types of changes rather than a blanket ban)? On the other hand, if (like me)
> you DON'T want that feature to go away, please provide valid use cases.

Stable pushes are useful for new packages, particularly "non-core"
new packages.

Also many, many packages get precisely no comments in Bodhi, even
allowing for two weeks of so-called testing.

In general, FESCo should trust packagers to do the right thing, and
encourage people to test the packages in updates-testing and provide
feedback to Bodhi.

Rich.