OT: fas-username vs. local username for fedora-cvs

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Mon Mar 1 19:13:09 UTC 2010

On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 08:05:00PM +0100, Josephine Tannhäuser wrote:

> how can I use fedora-cvs on these machines? It seems that fedora-cvs
> want to use the local username. How can I change this behavior with
> editing a configfile in my home-dir? I don't want to edit the
> fedora-cvs package-files.

Which files do you mean here? Afaik, cvs needs to know the CVSROOT and
when I joined as a package maintainer, the wiki suggested to export the
CVSROOT variable in .bashrc. It would be this one for you:
export CVSROOT=:ext:tannhauser at cvs.fedoraproject.org:/cvs/pkgs

But I wonder, how do you access CVS without this?

> Currently i have a alternate user on my private pc, but this is not a
> good solution. :-)

I still have a separate user, that has a different name than my FAS
account, because I do not want to use a global CVSROOT variable for my
normal account to avoid problems with other projects using CVS.

Regards
Till