Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Mar 1 22:03:43 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-02-27 at 10:16 -0700, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> On 2/27/2010 5:05 AM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Orion Poplawski wrote:
> >
> >> There is plenty of room for something in between your vision of Fedora
> >> and CentOS.
> >>
> > But that room is filled by other distros, such as Ubuntu. Why do we need to
> > be another Ubuntu?
> >

> It's not filled by Ubuntu, because Ubuntu is not Fedora.  Fedora has the
> vision that is the most in line  with mine, except for the frequent
> update, which so far I have been willing to put up with.  But frequent
> updates is *not* why I've thrown my hat in with Fedora (sorry :).
>
> - Orion

Ubuntu is not the first to pick up technology in their releases either.
They generally wait for Fedora to ship with it first and work out all
the kinks, then they snap it run with it.  So I really don't buy the
"but then we'd be Ubuntu" argument, at all.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!