creating file in koji allowed?

Thomas Spura spurath at students.uni-mainz.de
Mon Mar 1 22:09:35 UTC 2010

Am Montag, den 01.03.2010, 22:40 +0100 schrieb Hans Ulrich Niedermann:
> On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 22:29:21 +0100
> Thomas Spura <spurath at students.uni-mainz.de> wrote:
>
> > Is it allowed to create a file ~/.mpd.conf, when building in koji and
> > deleting afterwards?
> >
> > I need to write down a password into that file, for running a
> > testsuite. If that file does not exist, I can't run mpich2 tests.
>
> How does the technique of just setting HOME like
>
>    mkdir mytemphome
>    cd mytemphome
>    echo "STUFF" > .mpd.conf
>    export HOME=$PWD
>
> fail to work for this case? The mpich2 source code suggests this should
> work.
>
> In any case, I would consider it very bad practise for package builds
> or package tests to write into $HOME/.any.file.

/me too... That's why I asked here on the list, if this is even allowed,
but according to the guidelines it is.
See:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Scriplets_are_only_allowed_to_write_in_certain_directories

Now, I try to do:

'''
# create mpd.conf
export MPD_CONF_FILE=mpd.conf
echo MPD_SECRETWORD=$(pwgen -s 50 1) > mpd.conf
chmod 600 mpd.conf

%{runtests}

# delte mpd.conf again
rm mpd.conf
unset MPD_CONF_FILE
'''

This way it should have the same effect like your proposal, but
unfortunately mpich2 is currently a bit misbehaving in the buildsystem
and this can only be run localy (with rpmbuild or mock).
There seems to be some DNS problems, which are expected in the
buildsystem, but not worked around with mpich2 :(

Now I run the tests locally and disable them in the buildsys till mpich2
fixes that. (Sorry, currently I didn't look much further into this.)

Thanks for your suggestion.