Bodhi karma feature request

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Mar 1 23:27:57 UTC 2010

Le lundi 01 mars 2010 à 15:16 -0800, Jesse Keating a écrit :
> On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 17:34 -0500, Doug Ledford wrote:
> >
> > One could argue that the current bodhi karma system is simply too
> > simplistic for real use cases.  Maybe instead of just +1 -1, there
> > should be:
> >
> > Fixes my problem
> > Works for me (someone testing that didn't necessarily have any of the
> > problem supposedly fixed by this update just noting that their system
> > still works ok with the update)
> > Doesn't fix my problem (but doesn't necessarily imply it's any worse
> > than before)
> > Causes new problems (which should, IMO, be an automatic veto of any push
> > to stable, requiring intervention to override)
>
> I agree that this is good data to have, and that karma right now is
> pretty simplistic (which was it's goal).  Simplistic karma is far better
> than what we had before, which was nothing.

With enough data points one can print pretty graphes that show vote
repartition¹. Those are harder to skew than averages. However, they
require many data points and bohdi is far from that today

¹ For example, the bargraphs on
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=840
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=2276

(amazon uses a simpler system)