Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Tue Mar 2 04:19:02 UTC 2010

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 09:44 +0100, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> > One problem of updates-testing is - it takes so much time to be pushed
> > and then mirrored. More rawhide approach should be used here. Users who
> > are really interested in testing usually downloads from Koji directly.
>
> We do pushes daily, and in the case of 13, often twice a day.  How much
> quicker do you want it?  That's already as good, and better than how
> fast rawhide pushes.

One could always wish that a package would appear on the mirrors within
seconds after it's submitted. I can imagine that that might not be doable
though, although I'm not sure why.

I'm still new to the process, and on the few occasions when I've had packages
to submit I was never sure I had done everything right before I could install
the package the usual way with Yum (enabling updates-testing of course, when
that's where I had submitted it to). It's frustrating to wait for hours or
days before I can do that. I don't know if there is a better solution but I do
wish I could test installing right away.

Björn Persson