Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Mar 2 04:48:13 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-02 at 05:13 +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> >> Well, the only positive impact bodhi had on me was bodhi implementing a
> >> more or less usable web-frontend, where Fedora had nothing in place
> >> before. This doesn't mean it is a good system and even less does this
> >> mean this system is perfect or bug-free.
> >
> > Didn't I just get done saying it's not perfect or bug-free, but that
> > doesn't mean the sensible answer is to burn it down?
> I didn't say "burn it down"!!
>
> Bluntly put, I am saying "karma is dysfunctional/conceptionally
> inapplicable", the "web GUI leaves much to be desired", "there is no
> usable CLI" and "koji/bodji" integration sucks" ... but this is
> off-topic, here.

You said 'Abandon it (I don't think this would change anything wrt. to
QA in Fedora)', which sounds like 'burn it down' to me. If you just
meant to 'abandon' the voting concept, sure, that's different. I still
don't think that makes any sense, as taking out the vote code doesn't
improve the system in any way, it just makes it less flexible, but I
agree there are improvements that can be made to Bodhi, including more
ways to interact with it from other spaces like Bugzilla and the
desktop, certainly.

(and also making the 'log in' button a lot easier to find...)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey