Thrashing between updates-testing and updates

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Mar 2 11:26:35 UTC 2010

Jesse Keating wrote:
> That's going to be pretty difficult to do with the way our push and sync
> scripts work.
>
> At most an update that is going from testing to stable should disappear
> for only a few hours, that would be between the updates-testing push of
> the day an the subsequent branched compose each night.

I guess the branched release really needs a separate updates repo to prevent
that issue.

We could have the branched compose compose from dist-f13 + dist-f13-updates
and move everything which was part of its compose from dist-f13-updates to
dist-f13 on completion. That way dist-f13-updates would only contain the
stuff that was just pushed and didn't make the daily compose yet, which
could be offered as an updates repository.

        Kevin Kofler