James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Tue Mar 2 13:42:41 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-02 at 11:22 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> James Antill wrote:
> >  It's still not really usable by normal users, but people on this list
> > can install "yum-plugin-local" ... which will make sure you can do
> > downgrades like this.
>
> Isn't keepcache=yes sufficient? IMHO that should really be the default, I
> really don't understand why we default to throwing away the cache.

 Again, diskspace is the primary concern. However the "yum-plugin-local"
package needs to do a bit more than that, because the metadata goes away
from the remote repo. as well as the packages ... so we need to create
our own local repo.

James Antill - james at fedoraproject.org
http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/releases
http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/whatsnew/3.2.27