Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Tue Mar 2 14:32:06 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2 Mar 2010, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> > * Has ABI/API change (and is a Critical Path package)
>
> Wrong criterion, sorry. "Has ABI/API change and fails to include rebuilds of
> the affected packages" should be the criterion, critical path or not is
> irrelevant. But this is basically covered by "causes broken deps" already.

You can't assume that people are only using software we ship.  If someone
is using software they've custom developed (think a webapp).  We've now
forced them to do work.  There's several use cases here, people building
and shipping appliances, webapps, etc.  Why would anyone agree to do
development and choose Fedora if the target they're building for can
change without notice?

	-Mike