KDE-SIG meeting report (09/2010)

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Tue Mar 2 15:50:46 UTC 2010

This is a report of the weekly KDE-SIG-Meeting with a summary of the
topics that were discussed. If you want to add a comment please reply
 to this email or add it to the related meeting page.

= Weekly KDE Summary =

Week: 09/2010

Time: 2010-03-02 14:00 UTC

Meeting page: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Meetings/2010-03-02

Meeting minutes:

Meeting log:

= Participants =

*  JaroslavReznik
* KevinKofler
* LukasTinkl
* RexDieter
* StevenParrish
* ThanNgo
* ThomasJanssen

= Agenda =

*  topics to discuss:
o Talking Points
o kde-4.4.1 status
  * kdeedu-math-cantor-R subpkg ?
o Board SWG questions for Spins Owners
o FUDCon_Toronto_KDE_F13_TODOs
o Stability Proposal

* recent bugs:
o Bug 569132: Wacom tablet does not work in Qt

= Summary =

kde-4.4.1 status

    * ltinkl is updating CVS for F11/12/13
          o builds can be started once kde tag is ready
    * kdeedu-math-cantor-R subpkg
          o R-core is big dependency (cca 64 MB), split is needed
          o kkofler will split it to kdeedu-math-cantor-R subpackage

KDE Release marketing materials for Fedora 13

    * superhero rrix has come up with [1]
    * shouldn't we focus more on Fedora KDE features?
          o kkofler opposes with Ubuntu example ;-)

Board SWG questions for Spins Owners

    * we should reply
          o discuss it on kde at fpo ml
    * svahl is official maintainer of our spin but busy with new job

FUDCon_Toronto_KDE_F13_TODOs [2]
    * do we want minimal requirements for applications we ship?
    * what in case of KDE default application not meeting them?
    * offenders - kpk, knm, kbt...
    * response needed, left for reconsideration next week

Stability Proposal [3]

    * kkofler wants to wait for overall Fedora policy
    * what are the metrics for stable? deal-breakers bugs?
    * rdieter to start discussion on kde at fpo

= Next Meeting =

= Links =
[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/KDE/F13_Talking_Points
[2] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Rdieter/FUDCon_Toronto_KDE_F13_TODOs